How to become a NYS certified EMT:
- Enroll and complete a NYS certified EMT course
- In NYS, you must be at least 17 years old by the end of the month you expect to take the NYS certification exam
- You must prepare to pass your certification exam with a 100% on the practical (hands-on) and a 70% on the written.
- Upon completion of the course, you must meet your local departments requirements to practice at the EMT-B level
- Become a member of an EMS agency in order practice and maintain certification